26 Apr Photo Roulette #101 Epic
Thanks to Brittany at The Trading Travelers for choosing our photo in round #100 of photo roulette as the winner for the theme “Celebrate.” Here was the winning photo:
So it’s now my turn to start off the next round of #travelphotoroulette and choose a theme…I choose EPIC! Show me your best shot of any EPIC moments during your travels.
The contest will be open for entries until Sunday May 3rd 8pm EST. The winner will be announced shortly after.
Examples of Epic:
Riding a camel in the Sahara Desert an Epic experience
The EPIC cathedral The Dom in Koln, Germany
How To Enter Photo Roulette Round #101
Leave a comment below with a link to your photo (WP, Flickr, Trover, etc) and tell me about the Epi Moment you captured and/or why you chose that photo. Submissions must be in by May 3rd.
Travel Photo Roulette Rules & Guidelines
- One submission per blog, so sites that have 2+ authors only get one entry.
- Post processing is permitted in this round.
- Abstract submissions welcomed as long as it fits within the interpretation of the chosen phrase. Remember, the hosting blogger chooses the winner, so if they cannot understand the submission, you might not win!
- Please try and keep your images medium-sized and web-optimized.
- If you win, keep these in mind when choosing a new theme: Keep phrases general so that all bloggers can participate. Specific items like “Eiffel Tower” should be avoided but rather made open-ended like “monuments.” For variety, it is okay to say focused things such as “monuments at night” which most of us have pictures of. Phrases can be generic ‘signs’, or abstract ‘religion’
- Abstract thoughts are appreciated, but keep it within the realm that all readers will understand. No “Kafka-esque,” or “Overlooking Creation.” Use something that is able to be interpreted by all.
- After 1 year, phrases can be reused, however new photos must be submitted.
- No obscene pictures or phrases allowed. Suggestive phrases and photography can be accepted, but please keep it within reason.
- Keep the ideas and photos fresh!
- Pictures from your entire portfolio are fair to submit. You do not have to take the photo within the week of the contest period to submit it.
- Most importantly, all photographs must be your own.
- One last rule, since this is a competition for travel and photography bloggers, you must have a travel/photography blog to enter. Sorry!
Continue checking back throughout the week as I will keep this post updated with the entries.
Winner Carlo from Next Stop Who Knows
Carlo’s photo of the salt flats in Bolivia is an EPIC trip we hope to take some day. Loved the way he used forced perspective in this photo. Hope to capture this photo with me in it some day soon.
Entry #1 Carlo from Next Stop Who Knows
“The salt flats in Bolivia were high on our “must-see” sights in South America. During our 8 month backpacking trip there last year, we finally got to tick it off the list. This is one of our favourite photos from our visit to the salt flats. The landscapes perspective allowed for some awesome “trick photography” and this photo highlights just that.”
Entry # 2 Zara from Backpack ME
“This is sunset in the island of Koh Lanta, Thailand: http://bkpk.me/sunset-from-koh-lanta/
Please note that this photo has no corrections, no edits, nothing… all natural beauty! ”
Entry #3 Lance from Travel Addicts
“Our most EPIC adventure was a two-week bush and bay experience in South Africa. During a safari, we came around a corner and came face to face with a giant bull elephant. He wasn’t particularly happy to see us so close and our driver quickly put the vehicle in reverse. It certainly got the adrenaline flowing! But the entire experience of South Africa was epic – from the wildlife to the people to the local food in the villages!”
Entry #4 Brandon from The Yoga Nomads
“With a heavy heart, here is our most epic adventure to date! 15 days trekking the Annapurna Circuit in Nepal. Here is our group on the day we crossed Thorong la pass! (5,400m).”
Entry # 5 from GB Explorers
From my EPIC trip canoeing across Scotland…In Winter
Entry #6 Brent at Brents Favorite Photos
“Having done the London Eye, I wasn’t excited to do the High Roller in Las Vegas. Although slightly larger, I just didn’t think the view would compare. I was wrong. It was awesome to actually rise up through the buildings and experience the ever-changing view. If you time it right, you can watch the Bellagio Fountains from an epic viewpoint!”
Entry #7 Sadie from Electic Trekker
“My most Epic trip has to be when I worked with the White Shark Project in South Africa. This was the first time I was face to face with a 12 ft white!!”
Here’s the list of the previous 100 Rounds of the Travel Photo Roulette contest. Be sure to check out these other amazing photographers/bloggers and photos!
- Nov 2010 Living the Dream Animals
- Nov 2010 Skinny Backpacker Road Signs
- Nov 2010 Dream a Little Dream Street Art
- Dec 2010 Flashpacker HQ Festival
- Dec 2010 Over Yonderlust Landmarks
- Dec 2010 Don’t Ever Look Back Beaches
- Jan 2011 ThePlanetD Portraits
- Jan 2011 Travel with a Mate Motion
- Jan 2011 Johnny Vagabond Water
- Feb 2011 Ken Kaminesky Urban
- Feb 2011 Travels of Adam Friday Night
- Mar 2011 Itchy Feet Chronicles The Journey
- Mar 2011 Brendan’s Adventures Changing Seasons
- Apr 2011 Shutterfeet Storytelling
- Apr 2011 10 Times One Piousness
- Apr 2011 Beached Eskimo Learning
- May 2011 Travel Junkies Architecture
- Jun 2011 Destination World Transportation
- Jun 2011 Living the Dream Paradise
- Jun 2011 Vagabond Quest Clothes
- Jul 2011 The Unframed World Symmetry
- Jul 2011 Beached Eskimo Home
- Jul 2011 BackPackerBanter Inspiration
- Aug 2011 WanderingTrader Darkness
- Aug 2011 Finding the Universe Tranquillity
- Sep 2011 Fearful Adventurer Food
- Sep 2011 Adventures of a GoodMan City
- Oct 2011 Globe-Trekking.com Reflection
- Oct 2011 Scene With A Hart Framing
- Nov 2011 Vagabond Quest Silhouettes
- Nov 2011 Hecktic Travels Music
- Dec 2011 Globetrotter Girls Love
- Dec 2011 Man on the lam Humor
- Jan 2012 My Walkabout Winter
- Jan 2012 The Art of Slow Travel Blue
- Feb 2012 Ten times One Depth of the Field
- Not hosted anymore
- Mar 2012 Nomadbiba Sunshine
- Mar 2012 Travel With Kat Local Character
- Apr 2012 The Travel Bunny Street Scene
- Apr 2012 Adventure Crow Spirit of the Country
- May 2012 Food Travel Bliss Evening
- May 2012 Matt Gibson Adventure
- May 2012 Flashpacker HQ Once In A Lifetime
- Jul 2012 Skinny Backpacker Surreal
- Aug 2012 2away Smile
- Aug 2012 Bridges and Balloons Excellent Splendour of the Universe
- Sep 2012 The GypsyNester What the ?!
- Oct 2012 Runaway Juno Sweet
- Nov 2012 GQ Trippin Play
- Nov 2012 Life’s Little Victories Friendship
- Dec 2012 Breakaway Backpacker Face
- Jan 2013 Fly, Icarus, Fly Serendipity
- Feb 2013 Travel Transmissions Lost in Thought
- Feb 2013 Wanderlusters The Natural World
- Mar 2013 Travel Junkies Patterns
- Apr 2013 Living the Dream Your First Time
- May 2013 Getting Stamped The Sun Goes Down
- Jun 2013 The GypsyNester Cheesy Tourist Diversions
- Jun 2013 Boomeresque Revolution
- Jul 2013 Breakaway Backpacker Colorful
- Aug 2013 Around This World Mountains
- Aug 2013 Passports and Pamplemousse Hands at Work
- Sep 2013 TurtlesTravel Dance
- Sep 2013 Keep calm and travel The Sea
- Sep 2013 Travel Photo Discovery The Market
- Oct 2013 Am I Nearly There Yet? Travel Fails
- Oct 2013 The GypsyNester Weird Regional Foods
- Nov 2013 Sophie’s World Trees
- Nov 2013 SHOuTography Party
- Dec 2013 Adventures of a Goodman Ruin
- Dec 2013 Have Blog Will Travel Light
- Jan 2014 This World Rocks Crowds
- Jan 2014 Travel Past 50 Competition
- Feb 2014 The Working Traveller Working
- Mar 2014 Travels with Carole Umbrellas
- Apr 2014 Independent Travel Help Quirky
- Apr 2014 Quit Job Travel World Statues
- May 2014 Nomad is Beautiful People Sleeping
- May 2014 Backpack Me Mouthwatering
- Jun 2014 20 Years Hence The Face of A Nation
- Jul 2014 Two for the Road Into the Wild
- Jul 2014 TurtlesTravel Summer!
- Aug 2014 Adventures Around Asia Candid
- Aug 2014 Travel with Kevin and Ruth Hiking
- Sept 2014 Till The Money Runs Out Transport
- Sept 2014 The Crowded Planet Wild World
- Sept 2014 ZigZag On Earth The 4 Element
- Oct 2014 Travel Addicts Heritage
- Oct 2014 Living the Dream Your Grand Adventure
- Oct 2014 Getting Stamped Inspire
- Nov 2014 Flashpacker HQ Viewpoint
- Jan 2015 Adventures of a GoodMan WOW!
- Jan 2015 ZigZag On Earth Roads and Tracks
- Feb 2015 Where’s The Gos? Street Art
- Mar 2015 Ice Cream and Perma Frost Frozen
- Mar 2015 Journey Jottings Detail
- April 2015 House Sitting Travel What’s your Angle?
- April 2015 JetWayz Spiritual Beauty
- April 2015 The Trading Travelers Celebrate
Feel free to share this post on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Trover and StumbleUpon so more people can join the contest – make sure to use the hashtag #PhotoRoulette